Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Can mono (mononucleosis) kill????


Sam's Baby Girl Sam's Baby Girl
Resolved Question
Show me another »
Can mono (mononucleosis) kill????
My best friend in the world might have mono and I want to know if it could kill him????

    7 years ago
    Report Abuse

Carol P Carol P
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Mono suppresses the immune system,leaving the person both contagious and susceptible to other illnesses. My brother had mono tonsillitis, strep all at the same time he lost a ton of weight even under the doctors care and missed 3 months of school, another friend was about the same and even had clumps of hair falling out. Some people barely notice mono, it just leaves them tired and maybe a little more prone to cold and other viruses. My son just had mono, he was in and out of school before we knew what he had, series of flu, bad colds sore throat ear infection ect followed.He missed 27 school days and all but his first wrestling meet and lost 7 of his 104 pounds.Mono can cause the spleen to become enlarged also. We are told he needs to be cautious around others for 18 months as he could possibly still spread the virus. But will it kill you friend? probably not because he is under medical care, eating and drinking and able to rest. But do him or her a favor, if you are allowed to visit don't stay so long as to tire him out and stay away if you are ill. But do call, write and understand if they are too tired to be good company.

    7 years ago
    Report Abuse

100% 1 Vote

    0 Rating: Good Answer
    0 Rating: Bad Answer

    0 stars - mark this as Interesting!

    Email
    Comment (0)
    Save

Other Answers (6)
Show:

    Smart Kitty Smart Kitty
    Here is a brief overview. Follow the link for more details. I don't think you need to worry :-)

    What is infectious mononucleosis?

    Infectious mononucleosis (commonly called mono) is a viral illness usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Mono most commonly develops in young adults between the ages of 15 and 24.1 The virus can be spread through contact with saliva, mucus (from the nose and throat), and sometimes tears. Rarely, EBV is spread through blood transfusions. Because the virus can be spread through saliva, mono is sometimes called the kissing disease.

    Once you have been infected with EBV, your body may periodically shed (or give off) the virus throughout your lifetime, possibly spreading the virus to others.2 This can occur despite the fact that you do not have symptoms after your initial mono infection; the virus may still be found in your saliva up to 18 months after you have recovered from your symptoms.1 Some newly infected people may not have any symptoms of mono and may not be aware they are spreading the virus that causes mono.

    http://www.webmd.com/hw/infection/hw1686…
    Source(s):
    http://www.webmd.com/hw/infection/hw1686…
        7 years ago
        Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes
        0 Rating: Good Answer
        0 Rating: Bad Answer
    sillygoose sillygoo...
    seek alternitive medicine. you will have way more luck getting rid of it forever .do a search on alternitive med.
        7 years ago
        Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes
        0 Rating: Good Answer
        1 Rating: Bad Answer
    jgmafb jgmafb
    Yes it could.When I was a kid a good place to pick it up was on Water fountains at school (or sucking face with overly popular girls)
        7 years ago
        Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes
        0 Rating: Good Answer
        2 Rating: Bad Answer
    The All Knowing The All Knowing
    it can kill if not treated properly....otherwise for 1 month he will be very tired all the time but if he doesnt keep properly hydrated it might
        7 years ago
        Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes
        0 Rating: Good Answer
        0 Rating: Bad Answer
    floatingelephanted floating...
    I dont think so. I have had mono and my dad has had mono. (Thats when u have like no energy and really tired right?) well if yes, than it just takes time to get over it. BUT HE WONT DIE!!!
    Source(s):
    experience
        7 years ago
        Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes
        0 Rating: Good Answer
        0 Rating: Bad Answer
    Gotty Gotty
    very small chance he would die- but if he does treat it right away
        7 years ago
        Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006041509736

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive