Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Federer would be sitting on 20+ slams right now had he never contracted mono

Hall Of Fame

President's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,658
Default

I firmly believe Federer would be sitting on 20+ slams right now had he never contracted mononucleosis. Of course people are going to say woulda shoulda coulda, but it's my opinion. Think about it, Federer's level of play has honestly been about the same for 4 years. He was playing no better in 2008 and 2009 than he did this past year in 2012 (I'm using my eyes, not going off results to make that conclusion although his overall winning % was actually higher in 2012 than either of those years). I don't think age has affected his skills too much, its really the mono that did the damage. Without mono I think we could STILL be seeing a prime Federer, he has not hit a big age related decline yet. All (or most) of the decline thus far has been due to the mono IMO.
 
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=7105383

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive