Atapa Snana is the yogic phrase for the healing science of sun bathing. We live in a modern world that is bombarded with paranoid messages about how dangerous the sun is. We should remember that the ancient yogis and many other cultures knew how to use the sun to heal all kinds of illnesses, and bring about radiant health.
In the West we also have a history of using sunlight therapy that dates back to the ancient Greeks. It was called heliosis. Today, the name for sunlight therapy is heliotherapy.
We evolved as a human race for millions of years under the warmth and love of the sun. Perhaps drenching ourselves in poisonous sunblock from head to toe is not the answer.
There are many worthwhile alternatives to sunblock. To read about them click here
Sunblock has many draw backs. Most brands are laden with toxic chemicals such as:
Oxybenzone, which is linked to hormone disruption and cell damage that may lead to skin cancer.
Retinyl palmitate, which has now been proven to be a carcinogen.
Octyl-methoxycinnamate causes oxidation damage of the skin, which ages your face.
Butyl-Methdiebenzoylmethane, which releases free radicals into the body.
Benzophenone 2 (BP2), decreases the function of the thyroid, in a population that is already seriously suffering from hypothyroidism (under active).
Furthermore, sunblock stops the sun's ultra violet rays from creating Vitamin D in the body, which is essential for many functions such as:
supports the immune system
protects against dementia and brain aging
good for loosing excess fat
essential for decreasing symptoms of asthma
We are making a whole generation Vitamin D deficient with fear of the sun.
Ultra Violet light is just one frequency of light; there are eight others - infrared, and the seven spectrums of visible light. Each one has its own unique healing power!
Here are 10 benefits of getting a moderate amount of sun exposure:
1. Sunlight and whole foods send breast cancer into remission. The American physician Dr. Zane Kime used sunbathing and nutrition to cure his patients. Even in terminal cases, Dr. Kime was able to completely reverse the metastasized cancer.
2. The sun's light kills bad bacteria. The German solders after WWI knew of the discoveries that had been made in 1903 by the Nobel Prize winner, Niels Finsen. They used sunlight to disinfect and heal wounds.
3. Sunlight has a beneficial effect on skin disorders, such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and fungal infections of the skin.
4. Sunlight lowers cholesterol. The sun converts high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones and the sex hormones we need for reproduction. In the absence of sunlight, the opposite happens; substances convert to cholesterol.
5. The sun's rays lower blood pressure. Even a single exposure significantly lowers blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. On the other hand, pharmaceutical drugs such as Statins have side effects, such as robbing the body of Coenzyme Q10. CoQ10 is essential for cellular and heart energy.
6. Sunlight penetrates deep into the skin to cleanse the blood and blood vessels. Medical literature published in Europe showed that people with atherosclerosis (hardened arteries) improved with sun exposure.
7. Sunlight increases oxygen content in human blood. And, it also enhances the body's capacity to deliver oxygen to the tissues; very similar to the effects of exercise. The sun has a great effect on stamina, fitness and muscular development.
8. Sunlight builds the immune system. The white blood cells, which increase with sun exposure, are called lymphocytes, and these play a major role in defending the body against infections.
9. Regular sunlight exposure increases the growth and height of children, especially babies. Many cultures throughout history have recognized this fact. Studies have shown the amount of sun exposure in the first few months has an effect on how tall the person grows.
10. Sunlight can cure depression. The noon sunshine can deliver 100,000 lux. When we sit in offices for the best part of the day, out of the sun, under neon and artificial lights (150-600 lux), we are depriving ourselves of the illumination of nature. Sunlight deprivation can cause a condition called seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a form of depression. It is more common in winter months, but also common in people who work long hours in office buildings.
Exposure to the sun should be done SLOWLY! If you are not used to the sun, then your skin will be more sensitive to it. Avoid sunburn by building up your tolerance SLOWLY.
If you'd like to learn what natural and easy methods you can use to avoid sunburn (alternatives to sunblock), then check out my blog.
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (599)
- In France, Portuguese are seen as light people
- Italians are more hairly than Spanish
- 스페인 사람들은 라틴족의 후예들이다.
- 뜨거운 여름, 피부 온도 31도로 유지하는 8가지 방법
- arrogant Nadal cheat
- Karlovic is the greatest and fastest server of all...
- Ask Mike: Why do zombies love to eat brains?
- Arrogant Nadal cheat
- Super Moon happens every years comment
- The Super moon with the weird cloud: same experien...
- In the draws of 20 of these 23 slams: Federer got ...
- 니케아 콘스탄티노플 신경
- Obese decreases lung function.
- mono virus can lead to CFS
- Mono is a serious illness
- You can trade counter trend from major levels
- 10 Signs You're Gluten Intolerant
- 10 Healing Benefits of the Sun
- the differences between the northern and southern ...
- 프랑스, 이탈리아, 스페인 이런 나라들이 살만한 나라다.
- Italians voted best looking but bald, old are OK t...
- 책사풍후는 1985년생이다.
- SLEEP PARALYSIS AND THE INCUBUS SPIRIT
- 멸치 육수는 일본의 영향이다.
- 강아지에 대해 몰랐던 사실 7가지.txt
- Anti Pope Francis 1 said It seems that my brother ...
- In 2005 Fall, Federer suffered a serious injury
- World Tour Final is the most important tournament ...
- Pirlo is the one of the best play maker in the foo...
- Anatolia is a recent made up term to replace geogr...
- Americans are racists because asians are the most ...
- The Best And Worst College Degrees For Your Money
- Italians are darker than portuguese
- The facial proportions of beautiful people
- Many Romans believed that fair features were beaut...
- Roman frescoes white complexion women while men d...
- im from lebanon but i live in usa my dna is from 7...
- Anatolians are Greek
- Germanic settled in italia seperated themselves fo...
- Trade school and career colleges > regular colleg...
- some comepanies wont even give you an interview i...
- you must go to college
- Roger beat Nadal 5 times out of last 7 matches bef...
- Arrogant Nadal cheated in French Open 2013 against...
- slow down fast court because federer own everythin...
- Arrogant Nadal cheats in French Open 2013 again
- Roger Federer VS Rafael Nadal
- Tennis Organizers fix everything for Arrogant Nada...
- arrogant Nadal cheat in 2013 French Open against D...
- Arrogant Nadal deny He never cheated when he has d...
- Arrogant Nadal cheat in 2013 French Open against D...
- Federer No. 2 Among World's Highest-Paid Athletes
- 만성 염증의 실체] 암·심장병 일으키는 만성 염증, 당신 온몸에 퍼지고 있다.
- Dark Portuguese are descendant of Italians(Romans)...
- GWAS Study is based on over 313,000 SNP
- Italians are darker than Portuguese
- Portuguese are lighter than Italians comment
- Marriage between moors and iberian natives was ve...
- Simao is a morrocan immigrant
- roman art show ancient romans were mediterraneans
- Sicillians are not darker than average southern It...
- Italians are dark and indians are light
- Italians are darker than mexicans
- Jews are white
- E1b1b in North European
- Muslim(Moor) occupation had such little impact on ...
- TRUE AND FULL ANCESTRY is AUTOSOMAL DNA, not haplo...
- just about all Iberian mt-DNA is European
- E1b1b in North Italians
- Muslim invasion had very little genetic impact on ...
- M-81 in Iberia, as in many other places in Europe,...
- Romans populated more overall in Portugal than in ...
- Italians are similar to Greeks and Spaniards are s...
- Berber-origin Haplogroup E is only about half of t...
- J1b M365 is only found in portugal
- E1b1b in spain was spreaded by Romans from Italy
- Celtic Origin
- Ancient Italia Map
- Eastern I1* and R1b1b
- Haplogroup J2a1 Origins in Greece?
- Spain is the home of Celts
- prevailing eastward-only bias and pinpoint the ori...
- Spain is homeland of British Celts
- ancestors of ireland may have been Basques who are...
- Many believe this group crossed over from Africa a...
- Spain has about 1% L (African mtDNA) which is comp...
- ancient Italian tribe Raetic was not Indo European...
- Genetic history of Italy
- Sub-Saharan L lineages don't appear in North Afric...
- friuli ven giulia is lighter than rest of italia a...
- Italians are darker than portuguese
- Mediterranean Race
- Pope Leo XIII's Prayer to St. Michael
- Federer Vs Nadal
- Actually, the Romans considered themselves separat...
- Romans are known for being short
- At the end of the Western Roman Empire,an influx o...
- Dionysius of Halicarnassus says the Romans were a ...
- The Consuls of Rome took care of Italy? Italy was ...
- ▼ June (110)
- ► 2012 (1516)
- ► 2011 (1293)